Telephone Code: 063
Dalat, the city of Eternal Spring, is the main city of Lam Dong province in the Central highlands of Vietnam, some 300 km north of Ho Chi Minh City.
When to Go
The temperature in Dalat varies distinctly between areas and the greater the height, the lower the temperature. The annual average temperature is around 18 - 25 oC.
Where to stay
Hotels in Dalat
Over 20 Hotels in Dalat selected with hotel details, images, maps and reviews from fellow travelers.
Flights: Vietnam Airlines has daily short flights between Dalat with Ho Chi Minh City, and there is also one flight per day between Dalat and Hanoi. The airport is around 30 km south of the city.
Car & Bus: It is also possible to reach Dalat by bus or car. From Dalat, it takes approximately 4-5 hours to Nha Trang (205km) and slightly longer to Ho Chi Minh City (308km). Public buses, as well as the popular tourist buses, run both of these routes with stops.
- Stroll around the Xuan Huong Lake (or better yet, a trip around the lakes by paddle boats).
- Enjoy a game of golf at the oldest and most grand course in Vietnam.
- Do bicycling tour around the city, to the lake, the market, the tower, the gardens and wherever you want. Double-bicycles (for couples) are also available.
- Ride a horse in the park.
- Admire the waterfalls around town.
- Take your time in Love Valley , the most romantic place in Vietnam. Visit Bao Dai's summer Palace, Truc Lam Thien Vien (by cables).
Dalat is also becoming one of the homes for Vietnam's outdoor adventure activities, including trekking to the nearby minority villages, cycling, rock climbing and rappelling.
Recommended hotels in Dalat
Domestic Flights from Dalat
Other related links
Dalat, Vietnam A brief introduction to Dalat, Vietnam.
Dalat attractions Best places to visit in Dalat.
Dalat restaurants Featuring top restaurants in Dalat.