Telephone Code: 0511
Danang is Vietnam’s fourth largest city and a deep seaport in Central Vietnam, located haftway between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. The city is famous for its ideal natural scenes with many great sightseeings: China beach, Marble mountains..ect
When to go
Except for the periods of heavy monsoons Da Nang is still often drenched with almost as much sun as rain, and this makes for a desirable year round getaway. The city’s average temperature is about 26ºC, rising to 28-30ºC from June to August and cooling to 18-23ºC from December to February.
Plan to Visit Vietnam in 2011?
Apply for your Vietnam visa online TODAY! - Start Now at VietnamVisa.com - Official site
Air Two flights daily from Hanoi, return tickets about $71. The airport is 3km from the city center. Vietnam Airlines in Danang is at 35 Tran Phu, tel: 821-130
Train Four trains daily from Hanoi, tickets about $44. Danang railways station is at 122 Hai Phong, tel: 823-810
Bus Services to the north and south and other destinations in the central region. The bus station is at 33 Dien Bien Phu.
- China Beach - was best known as an Eden-like respite from the hell of combat.
- Marble Mountains - made up of five stone hills that were once islands and each filled with its own caves and grottoes.
- Hai Van Pass - This was the ancient boundary between Vietnam and the Champa kingdom during the 15th century.
- Dien Hai Citadel - was formerly known as Dien Hai Fortress built in 1813 in the 12th year of Gia Long's reign by Da Nang's river.
- Ba Na Mountains - Ba Na - Nui Chua, 1,487m high with a slope of 25 - 35 deg C is situated 40 km west of Da Nang's city centre.
Travel tips - Please avoid changing your money at Danang...more at travel warnings on Virtual Tourist
Recommended hotels in Da Nang
Domestic flights from/to Da nang
Danang Vietnam - Vietnam Online