Telephone Code: 0510
Hoi An, was one of the South East Asia's busiest ports in the 17th to 19th century, is known not only for its old (world heritage status) centre and architecture but also for its quaint restaurants serving delicious Hoi An specialties, cheap tailors, and relaxed atmosphere, as well as the beautiful nearby beach.
When to go
The best time to visit Hoi An is from February to April, when rainfall is low and temperatures are comfortable.
Plan to Visit Vietnam in 2011?
Apply for your Vietnam visa online TODAY! - Start Now at VietnamVisa.com - Official site
Most folks will arrive in Hoi an via the closest airport in Danang. Other options include: Get to Hoi an by car from Danang (takes less then an hour, price ranging from $8 and $25), Hue, or Nha trang or can be reached by trains (it has been quicker than the bus), public bus (Bus From Danang bus station (33 Dien Bien Phu). Hoi An bus station is at 74 Huynh Thuc Khang, open 5am to 5pm. it costs around $3) or taxi.
- Stroll around Hoi An's rambling market streets- lined with centuries old houses, quite boutique and famous tailors.
- Have clothes made. This is the place for silk, ao dai and whatever you want of clothing. Ready within 24 hours.
- Visit art galleries and lunch in one food outlets, watching the timeless scenery unfold before your eyes.
- Get a couple of lanterns as souvenirs for relatives at home
- Japanese Covered Bridge (Cau Nhat Ban or Lai Vien Kieu)
- Museum of Trade Ceramics, 80 Tran Phu St.
- Cantonese Meeting Hall, 176 Tran Phu St.
- Chinese All-Community Meeting Hall
- My Son Sanctuary - The holy Champa city, was recently recognized as a World Heritage site
Famous Full Moon Festival: The Full Moon Festival is held on every 14th day of the lunar month.
- Aggressive vendors are increasingly becoming an issue in Hoi An, do not give them your business.
- Take a cooking course in Hoi an then try the Hoi an recipes at home
Recommended hotels in Hoi An
Other Destinations Guide in Vietnam
Other related links
Hoi An, Vietnam A brief introduction to Hoi An, Vietnam.
Hoi An attractions Best places to visit in Hoi An.
Hoi An restaurants Featuring top restaurants in Hoi An.