Telephone Code: 033
The World Heritage area of Halong Bay is the prime tourist attraction of the northern Vietnam. For locals, Ha Long (Bay of Descending Dragons.) is also base to great bio diversity with typical eco-systems like mangrove forest, coral and tropical forest.
When to go
The best time to travel Halong is from October to April when the weather is pretty pleasant. In summer, it’s hot, humid and rainy, while monsoons flourish. In winter, it’s cold, dry, and sees little rainfall.
Bus from Hanoi, catch a Hoang Long Co Express bus from Kim Ma bus station in Nguyen Thai Hoc Street (tel:845-2846). The trip takes three and haft hour (165km). You may also take a bus from Haiphong (75km).
- Explore some of the limestone islands with strange name like Sail, Dinh Huong (incense pot), Tortoise and Mans Head.
- Jump off the deck of your boat for a relaxed swim into the cool water, far from the crowds.
- Do kayaking for a little exercise in a dreamlike environment.
- Enjoy sunrise on the sundeck.
- Climb to the top of the cave/mountain and take a wonderful look of the whole area.
- Visit boat-houses, where locals raise fish in small separated squares
- Tra co beach: 132 km from Halong city and close to the Chinese border, at 15km this sandy beach is one of the longest in the countries.
- Yen tu mountain: 40km north west of Halong, the peak boasts great scenery and 13 th century pagodas. It’s still a place of pilgrimage for Buddhists.
- Halong bay guide from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%E1%BA%A1_Long_Bay
- Local Guide: https://www.visithalongbay.com/
- Local Guide: https://www.vietnamonline.com/destination/ha-long-bay.html
- Official tourism page: https://halongbay.com.vn/en/