Telephone Code: 058
Nha Trang, a wonderful beach town, is famous for its interesting outdoor amusements: hot water springs, colorful fish and coral reefs underwater where tourists can enjoys scuba diving and snorkeling.
When to go
It is possible to visit Nha Trang year round because of its comfortable sunny weather: 23ºC and low level of humidity.
It is possible to visit Nha Trang by all common means: flights, bus, train..ect
- By flights: Vietnam airlines operates daily flights connecting Nha Trang, Hanoi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City. The new airport is located around 20 km south of the city, and it takes about over 30 minutes to get to the downtown.
- By trains: Visitors may catch trains leaving daily from Ho Chi Minh City (12 hours), Hanoi (20 hours) and Danang (12 hours) to Nha Trang. (It is easy to get fares via www.vr.com.vn)
- By bus: Open tour bus or public bus will be a good option if you travel on budget: it takes approximately 11-12 hours from HCMC, 4-5 hours from Da Lat and 12-14 from Da Nang.
- Scuba dive on the coral reef and some of the many wrecks lying at the bottom of the bay.
- Take a walk on the nice white-sand-beach by sunrise or sunset.
- Rent a boat and explore the outer laying islands.
- Have a bicycle (or Cyclo) tour around the town.
- Go to the big market and enjoy seafood.
- The Alexandre Yersin Museum
- The Po Nagar Towers – built between the 7 th and 12 th century
- Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam – The aquarium is located not every far from Po Nagar Tower , filled with all kind of marine creatures.
- Hon Tre (Bamboo) island – A modern resort, a quiet beach, a comprehensive entertainment center
- It is hot there so take lots of water.
- Be careful when choosing scuba diving operator.