Talking about “Cha Ca La Vong”, the very first impression is the unique grilled fish with turmeric and dill, attributing to a Hanoians’ favorite and local specialties over generations.
Pieces of fish are marinated in a turmeric-based source making its unique yellow color and flavor. Then, fish is grilled over charcoal and finally served with various herbs, especially dill.
“Cha Ca La Vong” was supposedly originated from the Doan family who sold this special kind of grilled fish at 14 Cha Ca Street during the French colonial period. Inside the restaurant is a statue of La Vong – a talented poet and revolutionist. For that reason, people called this food “Cha Ca La Vong”.
Where to eat
1 – Cha Ca La Vong Restaurant
- Address: Số 14, phố Chả Cá, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội
- Price: 175.000đ/person
- Opening hours: 9h00 – 23h00
2 – Cha Ca Thang Long
- Address: Số 21 Đường Thành, quận Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội
- Price: 125.000đ/person
- Giờ mở cửa: 8h00 – 23h00
Ho Chi Minh City
1 – Cha Ca La Vong HCMC
- Address 1: 106 Hoa Phượng, Quận Phú Nhuận, TP. HCM
- Address 2: 3 – 5 Hồ Xuân Hương, P. 6, Quận 3, TP. HCM
- Address 3: 36 Tôn Thất Thiệp, P. Bến Nghé, Quận 1, TP. HCM
- Address 4: 1000 Nguyễn Văn Linh, P. Tân Phong, Quận 7, TP. HCM
2 – Old Hanoi Cha Ca Restaurant
- Address: 42 Hồng Hà, P. 2, Quận Tân Bình, TP. HCM
- Opening Hours: 09h00 – 22h00
- Price range: 45.000đ – 180.000đ