Internal flight coverage is pretty good in Vietnam with frequent flights to many cities. The price is reasonable and airfare can be altered without any difficulty.
Flight booking tips: It is recommended to book Vietnam Airlines flights with local travel agents because it is significantly more expensive to book domestic flights outside of Vietnam.
Vietnam Airlines is the dominant and exclusive air carrier on domestic Vietnam air routes with regular flights to over 15 destinations. Vietnam Airlines flies a modern fleet of Boeing 777 and 767 aircraft, Airbus 321 and 320 aircraft, ATR 72 aircraft, and Fokker 70 aircraft.
On-time arrival, on-time departure and the safety record of Vietnam Airlines is excellent compared to any international standards. Though cabin service does not quite yet match international standards, reliability, performance and constantly improving service are the hallmarks of Vietnam Airlines.
Pacific Airlines, recently created as a low-cost carrier that also accepts online booking, serves domestic flights to 3 destinations and Vasco Airlines serves 4, and the two airlines will open more routes in the time to come. The Pacific Airlines normal fare is less expensive than those of Vietnam Airlines.
In The News: Vietnam Airlines opens Hanoi-Kaohsiung route : National carrier Vietnam Airlines will launch direct flights from Hanoi to the southwestern Taiwanese city of Kaohsiung on June 17.
Vietnam Airlines Flight Routes
- Dien Bien Phu ( Dien Bien Phu Airport, DIN)
- Hanoi ( Noi Bai International Airport, HAN)
- Hai Phong (Cat Bi Airport, HPH)
- Vinh ( Vinh Airport, VII)
- Chu Lai ( Chu Lai Airport, VCL)
- Da Nang ( Da Nang International Airport, DAD)
- Hue ( Phu Bai Airport, HUI)
- Nha Trang ( Cam Ranh Airport, CXR)
- Pleiku ( Pleiku Airport, PXU)
- Quy Nhon ( Phu Cat Airport, UIH)
- Tuy Hoa ( Dong Tac Airport, TBB)
- Buon Ma Thuot (Buon Ma Thuot Airport, BMV)
- Da Lat ( Lien Khuong Airport, DLI)
- Ho Chi Minh City ( Tan Son Nhat International Airport, SGN)
- Phu Quoc ( Duong Dong Airport, PQC)
- Rach Gia ( Rach Gia Airport, VKG)
- Domestic departure tax is now included in the fare price.
- Flights can be altered at no cost.
- Moreover, Vietnam Airlines also bans the carriage of fish sauce and durian.
Notes: Fare Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- International Airport Tax at Noi Bai airport (Hanoi): USD 14.00/person
- International Airport Tax at Tan Son Nhat airport (HCMC): USD 12.00/person
- International Airport Tax at Danang airport (Danang): USD 10.00/person
- Domestic Airport Tax: Included in air fare.
- Kid under two is exempt from the tax.
In Hanoi, Airport taxis from Noi Bai Airport to central Hanoi charge a flat rate of US$10,00. The drive takes about 45 minutes. A minibus makes the trip for US$4,00 per person.
In Ho Chi Minh City, a metered cab from Tan Son Nhat Airport to downtown costs around US$5,00. The trip takes about 20 minutes.
https://vietnam-airlines.flight-status.info/ – Live Vietnam Airlines flight schedule.